The purpose of this course is to help you build mental skills for resilience starting with the fundamental skill of cultivating a mindset for success, also known as a growth mindset.
This course will introduce you to two types of mindsets and help you build your capacity for bouncing back when facing adversity by getting curious and staying on the learner path. These skills will prepare you to stay solution focused and empower you to move through life challenges that come your way.
In this session, you will learn how thoughts and beliefs shape your mindset and the actions that you take.
- You will be introduced to self-fulfilling prophecies (SFP) and how beliefs become results.
- You will learn the differences between fixed and growth mindset and recognize that cultivating a growth mindset is essential for resilience.
- You will learn about the Choice Map, by Dr. Marilee Adams, and will uncover that you have a choice about how to react to situations.
- You will practice getting and staying on the learner path, as well as how to redirect your thoughts when you find yourself on the judger path.
- Curiosity is emphasized as the antidote to judgment and criticism and you are encouraged to practice the simple skill of: “How fascinating?!”
Completion time: 1 hour