Welcome to the Bounce Back Better System: Module 3.9m
Register for Working with Worry for Free
About the Course:
This course will help you understand how to work through one of nature’s most basic emotions: fear.
You will learn about the evolutionary role of worry and how to appreciate the emotion for its natural, yet often misguided, efforts.
Worry is meant to alert the mind-body to the possibility of a threat so that it can be mobilized to problem solve. However, worry and fear are separate from the process of problem-solving, and oftentimes, hinder effective problem solving and demobilize people.
- You will learn to befriend your worries, but not give in to them.
- You will learn how to shift your felt experience of worry and how to build up your tolerance for uncertainty.
- You will grow from being a worrier, someone who is weighed down by fear, into a warrior, someone that feels the fear and acts in the face of it.
These skills will prepare you to stay solution focused and empower you to move through life challenges that come your way.
In this session, you will alsolearn about tackling thoughts about the future. These thoughts are often linked to the emotions of doubt, worry, or fear. This session builds on the previous sessions by looking specifically at worry, how and why the emotion works, and how we can practice self-compassion and self-care in the face of worry.
- You will reflect on the role worry plays in your life and what types of things you tend to worry about.
- You will explore basic facts about worry and what your inner worrier looks and feels like.
- You will explore the physical impact of extended worry. Worry is meant to propel you to take actions to protect yourself from harm, however, worry often gets in the way of problem solving.
- You will learn about Susan Jeffers’ models from, Feel the Fear and Do it Anyway. This is your Warrior Training and you are encouraged to use meaning as a mechanism to courageously push past your doubts.
- You will be exposed to the worst-case, best-case, and most-likely scenarios skill.
- You will revisit the importance of breath control to create conditions where you can work with your worries and you will be introduced to a simplified model of what to do when you worry.
Completion time: 1 hour 10 mins
|Curious about all 16 Bounce Back Better Resilience Skills? Click here to get 10% off the Complete Resilience System and earn your Certificate of Course Completion. Click here for details.