FSG.08 Spring 2019
Dates: Saturday, March 16 & Sunday 17 from 12-5pm ET (In person or Online) / Training Call: March 20 from 6-8pm ET.
Location: 246 W. 80th Street, 5th Floor room #17, New York, NY 10024
Online: Zoom call information To Be Posted soon
The Flourishing Skills Group Certification is an opportunity to go deeper in your understanding of positive psychology, and get to put it into practice in a fun, nurturing and life enhancing environment.
- Learn new skills
- Put them into practice
- Connect with like minded & like hearted people.
Pre-requisite: Must be currently registered in a CAPP Cohort or a CAPP Alumni.
In this training you will
- Take part in 10-12 week program that can help you facilitate with your clients and in your community as an added stream of income.
- Learn a model for teaching and applying positive psychology that is simple, eloquent, fun and provides opportunity for profound personal growth and change.
- Review the key PP skills that people need to flourish.
- Gain a foundation in how to create an environment for people that is safe, loving and ripe for personal transformation.
- Identify and differentiate the group experience from group therapy and that while participating in group can be a therapeutic experience, positive psychology practitioners will be taught how to hold a container for participants in which the participants do their own coaching.
- Discuss promoting and selling Flourishing Skills Groups in your networks and community.
12 hour training (10 hours in person in NYC – or virtually, 2 hours online)
- 2 Half day in person training (can be done via Zoom)
- 2 training hours online
- Certification to run Flourishing Skills Groups®
- Use of the Flourishing Skills Groups® (FSG®) title and logo
- Flourishing Skills Group Manual (which consists of 10 Weekly Lesson Plans) and participant workbook
- Slides for an Intro to the Science of Flourishing Workshop as a promotion to the FSG group.
- Brochure template for promoting your Flourishing Skills Group
- Flyer template for promoting your Flourishing Skills Group
- Free promotion of your groups on The Flourishing Center website for 1 year
- Certificate of Course Completion for your participants from The Flourishing Center
This program will aid you in leading and facilitating 10 group sessions including:
Learn what the science of happiness and well-being (Positive Psychology) is all about. Tell “strengths stories” and uncover the power of focusing on “what’s right with you” in a world that’s constantly focusing on what’s going wrong.
Discover what your top signature strengths are. Learn about naming, spotting and amplifying strengths. Use these skills to become more effective in the world by leveraging what you’re already doing well.
Learn about how evolution has biased your mind and body for negativity and how you can counter this tendency to worry, judge and ruminate by practicing gratitude. Learn the science of gratitude and novel gratitude exercises.
Positive life events alone are not enough to bring out happiness. Harnessing these approaches to savoring enable you to get more positivity out of your day-to-day experiences.
Learn to build more positive and authentic connections with the people in your life. Uncover simple tools for helping the people in your become happier and healthier.
Many people waste their energy thinking about things they “should change” but rarely do. Uncover this research based approach to effectively moving towards your best possible self.
- MIND CHATTER
Is your mind-full or are you mindful? Learn about how your brain works. Identify how to redirect and reprogram your limiting beliefs to more empowering, solution oriented thoughts.
- HABIT CHANGE
Of course you can teach an old dog new tricks, you just need to know the science of how habits form and how they are broken. Learn to identify the trigger, habit loop and appropriate rewards to break old habits.
Forgiving does not mean forgetting. Research shows that people who score high on forgiveness are happier than those who score the least. Discover exercises for letting go of the past to be able to authentically move forward.
Learn the science of intuition and how to tell the difference between the static and the signals. Practice tapping your inner wisdom and intuition
Program tuition: $900
To become a Flourishing Skills Group facilitator you must participate fully in the training and demonstrate competence in both understanding of the positive psychology skills and how to facilitate the group. Recordings are made available if you cannot participate live.
After completing the program, you’re encouraged to begin running 10-12 week groups in your community. The suggested rate per person, per group is $35-50 per week. Groups are encouraged to be limited to 8-12 people. Hence, facilitators may make ranging from $2,800 for the whole program (10 weeks, 8 students and $35 per week) or $280 a week. At the upper range students may make $7,200 for the whole program (12 weeks, 12 students and $50 per week) or $600 per week. Note: This does not deduct the cost of space rental or other expenses incurred in running a group. Facilitators can choose their own price points.