Starts March 17, 2020: Tuesdays and Thursdays 6:30-8:00pm ET
The Applied Positive Psychology Coaching (APPC) is an add-on program offered ONLY to CAPP students and graduates who are interested in learning and deepening their coaching skills. It enables them to offer coaching services professionally or incorporate coaching into what they already do.
The APPC Program is a 125- hour program completed online through live lectures and practicum sessions that meet twice a week for 5 months.
The program is an Approved Coaching Specific Training Hours (ACSTH) program currently under review for an Accredited Coaching Training Program (ACTP) through the International Coaching Federation (ICF).
According to the ICF, coaching is described as thought-provoking and creative process that inspires clients to maximize their personal and professional potential. Positive psychology based coaching integrates the scientific study of thriving as tools, interventions, and measures that further empower both the coach and client. Combined, with the positive psychology expertise gained in the CAPP Program, APPC students are able to uniquely position themselves as coaches who use scientifically proven approaches to help their clients achieve greater wellbeing, life satisfaction, and personal mastery, faster and more effectively.
In this training you will
- Learn and practice the skill set of coaching in a fun, invigorating and supportive environment.
- More hands-on practice than the average program with over 30 hours dedicated to practicum.
- Receive 3 hours of one-on-one mentoring with a master coach (which can be applied to the 10 hours mentor coaching required for ICF Accreditation)
- Develop mastery and confidence the ICF Core coaching competencies.
- Learn to confidently conduct coaching sessions with any issue that your client brings to the table.
- Learn to start and market your coaching practice, integrating into a positive psychology based business.
- Receive lots of personal coaching!
- Receive your own log in to the online portal with lecture videos, audio recordings of demo sessions and readings
- 1 weekly ninety (90) minute lecture class
- 1 weekly ninety (90) minute practicum class
- 7 hours of Group Mentor Coaching
- 3 hours of one-on-one mentor coaching sessions with a Master Certified Coach (MCC)
- Support in working with your own client(s)
- Personal coaching by a Master Certified Coach (MCC) and Peer Coaching sessions
The cost of the APPC program is $2,250 if paid in full and $2,550 through the payment plan.
- Foundations of Coaching
- Coaching Process & First Discovery Session
- Ethical Guidelines
- Basic Coaching Session Structure
- The Coach’s Mindset
- Creating the Coach’s Presence
- Forms, Contracts and Other Tools
- Active Listening
- Powerful Questioning
- Staying Big C Curious
- Non-verbal Communication & Coaching
- Creating Awareness
- Empowering the Client
- Stretching the Client
- Creating Action & Momentum
- Navigating Needs & Values
- Envisioning the Future
- Coaching Using Multiple Selves Theory
- Planning & Goal Setting
- The Business of Coaching
- Targeting Your Niche
- Pricing Your Work
- Igniting People’s Passion to Work with You
The APPC program is available for CAPPsters only*.
- Log in to your profile by clicking the “Login” button in the top right corner of this page.
- Once logged in, click on the “My Courses” button which will appear next to the login button.
- Select the APPC Program listed under you CAPP Graduate Courses.
*If you are not a CAPP student, then please contact us to learn more about how to go through our programs.