It’s Flourishing Friday again! In this episode Emiliya Zhivotovskaya, CEO & Founder of The Flourishing Center, builds on the idea of mindful loving and David Richo’s book The Five Keys to Mindful Loving. She looks at how to we can turn the Five A’s inward to support a loving relationship with ourselves.
I see myself, I value myself, I accept myself, I love myself, I trust myself
David Richo offers a fresh perspective on love and relationships through the Five A’s. When deeply understood and applied, these five simple concepts form the basis of mature love. They help us to move away from judgment, fear, and blame to a position of openness, compassion, and realism about life and relationships.
By giving and receiving the Five A’s, our relationships with ourselves become a ground for personal transformation
Drawing on the Buddhist concept of mindfulness, in this episode Emiliya helps us explores five hallmarks of mindful loving and how they play a key role in our relationships with ourselves.
- Attention to the present moment; observing, listening, and noticing all the feelings at play in our relationships. It is important to give yourself attention. What am I thinking, feeling and needing?
- Acceptance of ourselves and others just as we are. This is about accepting where you are at in the moment.
- Appreciation of all our gifts, our limits, our longings, and our poignant human predicament. We can think about what we value about ourselves. And we can bask and savor in ourselves.
- Affection shown through holding and touching in respectful ways. Being able to give yourself affection through self-care practices, time, sleep, and food.
- Allowing life and love to be just as they are, with all their ecstasy and ache, without trying to take control. This is about building trust with yourself and allowing yourself to be human.
Welcome to Flourishing Fridays (FF), where every Friday we bring you a Positive Psychology-based life hack that will help you to flourish. In these episodes we look at real life application of Positive Psychology, while giving you tips and strategies to put Positive Psychology into use in all areas of your life.
For more information on what we have to offer, visit The Flourishing Center at: www.theflourishingcenter.com
If you don't want to miss another episode, subscribe via your favorite podcast app: